Fourth time is a charm! Or is that supposed to be the third time? Either way that is completely irrelevant when we are talking about Nick Viall and his quest for love on this season of “The Bachelor”. Now I must admit Nick wasn’t my favorite guy in the world during Andi’s season when he chose to air their personal romantic laundry on “The Final Rose”. He certainly didn’t win America’s heart over when he rolled into Kaitlyn’s season late while those testosterone induced creatures were all competing for her love. However, like most, we started to see a more authentic and genuine side of Nick during this last season of “Bachelor in Paradise”. I mean if you threw me on a show to compete for one guy in a house full of competitive and emotional women, there’s a chance that I would not be America’s finest either. My nerves would get the best of me and I would manage to drop every F bomb and terrible joke in the book of things “not to say on national television”. So, I am all for an opportunity for a person to redeem themselves. After three seasons of getting kicked to the curb, it is completely fair to say that our very boyishly handsome Nick Viall finally has a good idea of what it feels like to have cameras in his face, and that fantasy suite-ing and telling should be a big no-no in the televised dating world. I believe it’s fair to say that the guy is ready to find someone to be his person.
I should’ve probably prefaced this by saying I will not be girl bashing every Tuesday. Because, well, here at The Coffee Chic, we prefer to empower one another and spread love, girl power, and coffee beans. Instead, I will do my best to just focus on who I (personally) think should be the woman he falls in love with and HOPEFULLY falls in love with him in return. Before stepping into who my top three faves from episode one are, I’d love to give some woman to woman advice to the ladies. Please take them with a grain of salt because I’m single so clearly I have no clue what I am talking about.
- Take Patti Stanger’s advice and keep the boozin’ to a two-drink max. Two drinks are just enough to take the edge off, but not enough to make you slur your words or ball your eyes out when he dumps you on night one. Lawd knows I’m far more witty with a glass of wine or two, but keep it classy.
- Don’t wear red. Because roses. Because love. Because everyone else had that same clever thought process. ALTHOUGH, they all looked fab in their red gowns.
- Emerald green is always a pretty option.
- Be kind. There’s nothing attractive about being a mean girl of any sort.
- Just be yourself, and if that means you’re dropping a lot of F bombs and awful jokes then America will likely dig you for that. Not saying the guy will, but you can’t win them all.
- If you roll in with a shark suit but think you’re a dolphin, I have nothing but mad respect for you. Kudos to a girl with a sense of humor.
SIDE NOTE: Is anyone else digging the fact that there’s more diversity on this season than we’ve seen in prior seasons?
Top Favorite Chic(k)s: But not any order…
- Rachel Lindsay: Well for starters, the girl is from Dallas, TX so she gets mad props for reppin’. Aside from being cute, she’s an attorney, a family girl, and seemingly a well-rounded woman. I also can always appreciate someone who has a realistic approach on love and life, and I knew I liked her when she said she doesn’t believe in love at first sight but believes that you can connect with someone at first sight. Oh, and the KICKER (pun intended) was that girlfriend referenced fantasy football. Shout out to any fellow chic who loves her some football. You deserved that first impression rose!
- Vanessa Grimaldi: Let’s just cut to the chase, there was an obvious attraction there on both ends. When she stepped out of the limo and spoke French to him, he instantly decided she would be one of his final four girls. Not to mention the fact that she’s not just a pretty face but seems to carry herself well, speaks three languages, and is a Special Needs Teacher. Which ultimately tells me that not only is she a smart woman but that she’s likely compassionate and patient, as well.
- Danielle M.: The cute nurse with the homemade maple syrup. While not much time was spent on her, I like that she appears to be passionate about her career and has a little bit of an edge to her.
Here’s what we know for sure, Nick likes his women with confidence. If nothing else, I hope each week that all the girls stay confident and true to themselves in this sea of women.